An unexpected challenge has been our brief, but impactful, spring sunshine. As I let She of the Naked Flank, outside I thought, "better keep an eye on all exposed skin". It took very little time for the area, that had never been directly exposed to the sun's rays before, to begin turning rosy.
A few days later, we paid a visit to a clinic of vets in East York who also practice naturopathy, or as they refer to it, "integrative treatment". Dr Chiu examined Our Girl and before we left the clinic, we'd stocked up on all of the following remedies that have varying uses to help support Misty in her Cancer Experience:
- Mycotaki tablets twice a day for an antineoplastic (anticancer) effect
- UNDA Remedies - 2 droppers full twice daily as a detox for her liver
- Beta-thym tablets twice a day for an anti-inflammatory/antineoplastic effect
- Evening Primrose Oil - once daily as an antioxidant
- Iscador by injection every other day as an antineoplastic
- Neoplasene liquid twice daily, an antineoplastic
- Quercetin capsules twice daily as an antioxidant.
All these agents are on top of Misty's usual regime of phenobarb twice daily for her seizures, rheumacam for its anti-inflammatory, pain relieving properties and fish capsules twice a day to help her considerable brain continue its wondrous function.
And tomorrow? Tomorrow we return to the good folks at the Toronto Veterinary Hospital for Misty's second round of chemo. Quiet weekend on the horizon.